Sunday, March 29, 2009

This is the end...... my only friend the end.....

Overall I enjoyed absurdistan, despite it's disgusting sense of humor I genuinely laughed at some of the characters and jokes. The book provides an interesting view on the western world that was refreshing. The book unlike many of the books I have read throughout my life is original. Unlike many of the books I've read for school things happen that you didn't expect. I feel like some of the details in the book were unwelcome and unnecessary. We don't need Misha's penis personified in ten different way, and I think that the number of orgasms caused by food in a book should be limited to one or two tops. I don't have many criticism of the book other than it's too mature theme for you average person. I liked that it dealt with soviet Russia because marxism and the soviet union are funny to me. I enjoyed the characters in the book and thought they were refreshing compared to characters such as Mate. Misha is always up to some shenanigans and constantly trying to do the right thing but often fails to identify what the right thing to do is. I would give this book a 8/10 meaning that I would read the book outside of school if I knew about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment